Now that I’ve officially decorated a movie theater themed Christmas tree, I cannot imagine a Christmas without one! It was surprisingly one of the most fun Christmas trees to decorate ever. From the fake movie tickets, to the faux popcorn bucket, this Christmas tree is one of my new favorites to decorate. The possibilities are endless as far as decorating when it comes to this movie theater themed tree. This is just how I did mine…
supplies for movie theater christmas tree
- Pre-lit tree of your choice
- Popcorn sack or bucket for topper
- Silk hydrangea
- Paper movie tickets
- Chalkboard sign
- Mercury glass ornaments
- Boxed candy of your choice
- Sugared candy garland
- Tree skirt of your choice (mine is a fur infinity scarf from the thrift store)
Steps to decorate theater christmas tree
- Start at the bottom by adding the tree skirt of your choice.
- Add candy garland or garland of your choice (popcorn would be cute)!
- Add a chalkboard sign and write “Now Showing” or your choice of words on it.
- Empty the candy boxes (that’s the fun part; wink, wink)
- Tuck the candy boxes throughout the tree.
- Add ornaments of your choice.
- Drape the movie tickets onto the tree.
- Poke a hole in the bottom of the popcorn bucket and poke onto the top branch.
- Tuck hydrangea picks into the popcorn bucket to appear as popcorn.
The best part about this movie theater Christmas tree is the excitement of making it your own! I cannot wait to start collecting new ornaments to add each year. You can have so much fun with this.
My Dollar Tree decorated Christmas tree was also a blast to decorate. If you missed that one, it is linked here for your convenience. Dollar Tree Decorated Christmas Tree.
If you love this kind of DIY, you need to be getting my emails, friend! Each week I send out a couple of emails that include updates, crafts, shopping experiences and decor inspiration. Be sure to get yourself signed up below. I can’t wait to meet you!