Today, I’m going to show you how to make a wine cork heart craft. It’s really simple and perfect for Valentine’s Day. Plus, it’s a great way to use up all those wine corks you’ve been collecting.
Did you see the Fall floral home sign I made? As soon as I made it, I planned to change out the “o” in-home for different seasons. This wine cork heart is exactly what I had in mind.
While it can certainly be hung on its own, it really has a greater impact when used in the Home wall display. What do you think?
Supplies Needed for a Wine Cork Heart Craft
- Wine Corks
- Hot Glue Gun
- Lace Ribbon
How to Make a Wine Cork Heart Craft
Start by hot gluing the wine corks together. It helps to have a general idea of what the shape will be and the order the corks will be glued.
Continue to glue the corks together until you have the heart shape.
For the top center of the heart you want to make sure the corks comes to a point for the tip of the heart.
Now that you have the wine corks heart shape, hot glue the back of the heart so you can attach it to the frame. Add a liberal amount so it holds.
Next up, create a small bow with lace ribbon and hot glue it to the corner of the heart. Don’t forget to add a little bling!
A little bit of greenery adds extra dimension and detail to this pretty heart frame. I chose to use a wispy fern, but you can use whatever you like.
Hot glue the same pretty ribbon that you used for your bow around the frame. This really softens it up!
Wine Cork Heart Craft
Here is a close-up of the wine cork heart? Isn’t it just lovely? The rhinestone embellishment takes it to the next level.
How would you display your heart? Here are a few ideas:
- Stand it up on an entryway table to create a little vignette.
- Place it on a tray on a coffee table with wood beads.
- Hang it up as part of a gallery wall, or even on its own if you have a small area.
Is this a project you could see yourself making? I’m so happy with how it turned out and I’m already thinking about a spring version!
Let me know if you make your own by leaving a comment below.
If you want to see the exact step-by-step process, be sure to check out this video tutorial below over on my YouTube Channel!
Be sure to PIN this for later!
CHECK OUT THESE VALENTINE’S DAY IDEAS!
- Black and White Valentine’s DIY Decor
- DIY Valentine’s Pillow
- Easy Oreo Truffles
- Paper Heart Valentine’s Heart Wreath
Wine Cork Heart
- Wine Corks
- Lace Ribbon
- Faux Greenery
- Hot glue the wine corks together.
- Continue to glue the corks together until you have the heart shape.
- For the top center of the heart you want to make sure the corks comes to a point for the tip of the heart.
- Hot glue the back of the heart so you can attach it to the frame.
- Create a small bow with lace ribbon and hot glue it to the corner of the heart. Add rhinestone embellishment.
- Add faux greenery.
- Hot glue the same pretty ribbon that you used for your bow around the frame.