Y’all, pillows are one of my favorite things! I don’t even know what the obsession is! But, for me, it’s all about the pillows! This Versatile Dollar Tree DIY Valentine’s Pillow remake did not disappoint…
I received this awesome Hobby Lobby “YUM” Buffalo Check pillow for Christmas. The pillow is adorable! I LOVE Buffalo Check pattern…it’s one of my favorites! In fact, do you know about my Buffalo Check Obsessed Group on Facebook? If you love it as much as me, join us HERE Below…
Back to my story; I wasn’t sure exactly where I’d use a pillow that says “Yum”. I don’t really have a place in my kitchen for a pillow and thought, “Why not upcycle and make it into a seasonal pillow?”
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, so I decided to re-purpose it with some Valentine love! I found a super cute felt Valentine’s heart wreath at my local Dollar Tree. I used it on another fun DIY project HERE.
Shop my other Valentine’s Favorites HERE Below
Seriously, it’s like twelve projects in one! I knew combining the pattern with the hearts would make a super cute Valentine’s pillow. It is really simple to create and you’ll love putting it out every year!
Dollar Tree DIY Valentine’s Pillow
>>>BE SURE TO PIN THIS FOR LATER!<<<
SUPPLIES Used to re-create this valentines pillow
- Pillow (any sized pillow you want to re-purpose)
- Fabric swatches (I found these at my local thrift store!)
- Felt hearts (picked up at Dollar Tree!)
- My Favorite Glue gun
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE A DIY VALENTINES PILLOW
- Take the fabric that you want to use, turn it over and place a dot of glue in each corner. This pillow is for looks only and won’t be used in any pillow fights! It will stay on securely and eliminates having a bunch of glue bumps.
2. I found this felt heart wreath at my local Dollar Tree. I love some bling but with two patterns already on the pillow, I didn’t want to add too much. Plus, I don’t want a glittery mess around the house, so I decided to glue the glitter side down.
*TIP* when using glitter on a project, spray hairspray on glitter to keep it in place.
3. Carefully pull hearts apart from the felt wreath.
4. Using your glue gun, outline back of Valentine heart with glue. Just a thin line of glue. Again, you do not want a bunch of glue bumps.
5. Arrange Valentine hearts on pillow and lightly press hearts down on the pillow.
At this point, you have your Dollar Tree DIY Valentine’s Pillow finished (and yes, I couldn’t resist adding a little bit of bling to the pillow!)!
VIOLA! THAT’S HOW EASY IT IS!
Step By step video tutorial
This is just the cutest Valentine’s pillow ever! I’m in love. How about you? And it was so easy to make! You can even upcycle different pillows for different holidays. Be sure to save this to your favorite Pinterest board to refer to when you’re ready to make one!
>>>BE SURE TO PIN THIS FOR LATER!<<<
If you love this kind of DIY project, you need to be getting my emails, friend! Each week I send out a couple of emails that include updates, crafts, shopping experiences and decor inspiration. Be sure to get yourself signed up below. I can’t wait to meet you!
- Heart Wreath DIY (Using a Mop Head)
- How to Make a Paper Heart Wreath
- Reverse Canvas Pom Pom Heart DIY
Dollar Tree DIY Valentine's Pillow
- glue gun
- 1 Pillow any sized pillow you want to re-purpose
- 3 Fabric swatches JoAnn's
- 1 Felt heart wreath Dollar Tree
- Take the fabric that you want to use, turn it over and place a dot of glue in each corner. It will stay on securely and eliminates having a bunch of glue bumps.
- Carefully pull hearts apart from the felt wreath.
- Using your glue gun, outline back of Valentine heart with glue. Just a thin line of glue. Again, you do not want a bunch of glue bumps.
- Arrange Valentine hearts on pillow and lightly press hearts down on the pillow.