One of the easiest ways to decorate your home for any holiday or season is to create a simple wreath. Today I’m showing you how to make Valentine’s heart wreath with nautical rope.
This DIY door decor checks all the boxes as just about everything is from Dollar Tree. You know how much I love Dollar Tree crafts. You may also like this other Valentine’s heart wreath I made using a mop head. Isn’t that so fun?Now, let’s get to the quick tutorial so you can make your own heart wreath.
Supplies Needed for a Valentine’s Heart Wreath
- Dollar Tree Wire Heart Wreath Form
- 2 Dollar Tree Nautical Ropes
- 4 Spools of Dollar Tree Ribbons – I used a beautiful red and white buffalo check and faux burlap!
- Hot glue and Glue gun
How to Make A Valentine’s Heart Wreath
Step OneStart by running a bead of hot glue on the wire wreath form starting on the second wire. Press the nautical rope onto the hot glue. QUICK TIP: You can protect your fingertips with these inexpensive finger protectors.
Step TwoNow you are going to add the wired ribbon. I’m going with this bright and festive red buffalo check ribbon. Use your fabric scissors to cut the ribbon about 8″ in length. Fold the ribbon in half, then fold in half a second time. Cut the top at an angle so it has a nice “dove-tail” finish.
Step ThreePinch the ribbon together in the middle and fold inward creating a tail shape.
Hot glue it around the outer rope edge in between the ropes about an inch apart. Press it securely in between each piece of the nautical rope. Repeat this process until the wreath form is completely covered.
Step FourNext up, use your final wired ribbon to create the final layer of the wreath. Follow the same process in cutting 8″ strips and folding then cutting for the dovetail effect. In this case, I used a burlap-type ribbon and simply hot glued it around the wire until the outer wire on the wreath form was completely covered.
Step FiveNow you need to add a piece of jute for hanging. Simply tie the jute around each side of the nautical rope on the back. This will make it nice and secure. Be sure to add a simple pretty bow at the top of the heart! Finish it off by “fluffing” the ribbons. Take each one, spread it out, and pull the pieces around to the front that are hiding or squished together.
Hang Your Valentine’s Heart WreathLook how stunning this wreath looks on my front door. It’s a showstopper for sure! And wasn’t it super simple to make? If you can find a wired ribbon that you like at Dollar Tree you can finish this wreath for about $7. You can’t beat that.
Another View of the Valentine’s Heart Wreath
Step-by-Step Video TutorialIf you want to see the exact step-by-step process, be sure to watch this video tutorial below over on my YouTube Channel! Thank you for checking out my post on how to make Valentine’s heart wreath. I hope that you found this tutorial helpful and that you will be able to create your own beautiful wreath using these instructions. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below. I would love to see photos of your finished project! You may want to try out my other Paper Heart Valentine’s Heart Wreath, too!
Be Sure to Check Out These Other Valentine’s Day Ideas!
Valentine's Heart Wreath
- Fabric Scissors
- Dollar Tree Wire Heart Wreath Form
- Nautical Rope
- Assorted Ribbon
- Run a bead of hot glue on the wire wreath form starting on the second spine. Press the nautical rope onto the hot glue.
- Continue to glue the nautical rope across the middle and top spine of the heart form.
- When you get to the end, hot glue the rope so it is secure.
- Fold the ribbon in half and cut it at an angle so it has a nice finish.
- Press the ribbon together in the middle and hot glue it in half around the middle ring.
- Repeat this process until the wreath form is completely covered.
- Use your accent ribbon to follow the same process for the final layer of the wreath.
- Add a piece of jute for hanging.
- Place a pretty ribbon bow on the front center of the heart.