This banana pudding recipe is a twist on the classic dessert that just about everyone loves. While it’s typically made in a large bowl, it can also be made in individual mason jars for a fun and easy presentation.
This recipe is the best banana pudding I’ve ever had – it’s definitely worth trying!
You know I LOVE easy recipes, especially when they can be served in a mason jar! Banana pudding is a family favorite and can be made ahead of time in a quick grab-and-go single serving.
This blog post contains affiliate links. The opinions are wholly my own from my own experience. I may earn a small commission from clicks through to the websites that end in a purchase.
For even more mason jar desserts see below:
If you are also a fan of banana recipes, be sure to check out my banana bread cake with cream cheese frosting. Once you try this recipe, it will be your go-to for banana bread!
Why You’ll Love This Banana Pudding
- Can make in advance
- Single size mason jar
- Rich and creamy
- Easily transportable
- Simple ingredients
Equipment Needed To Make Best Banana Pudding
Ingredients for Banana Pudding
- 1 3.5 oz banana cream (if you want more of a banana flavor) or vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 c cold milk
- 8 oz cool whip thawed
- 2 can Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c vanilla wafers crushed
- 2 medium bananas sliced
How to Make Banana Pudding
This is an especially rich and delicious banana pudding recipe that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you make it in a large bowl or individual mason jars, it’s sure to be a hit!
Step 1. Whisk Pudding
In a large bowl add your instant banana pudding along with the milk. Whisk until smooth.
Step 2. Add Condensed Milk
Once the pudding has thickened, stir in the condensed milk (this is the secret ingredient that makes this the best banana pudding recipe).
Step 3. Add the Cool Whip
You want to gently fold in the cool whip in order to keep your banana pudding mixture thick.
It will blend into the yummiest creamy mixture.
Step 4. Add Bananas and Crush Vanilla Wafers
Next, add in your bananas and crushed vanilla wafers (these are so yummy inside the pudding) by folding them in.
Looking good! You’ll be tempted to eat all the wafer crumbles straight from the bowl, but save some for the recipe!
Doesn’t this no-bake dessert look absolutely delicious? And, it can be enjoyed any time of year.
Store in an airtight container if not immediately serving.
easy banana pudding recipe in mason jars
To serve, spoon into mason jars and then place extra sliced bananas and crushed vanilla wafers on top!
You could even add a dollop of cool whip topping in between the layers of banana pudding mixture.
Are you ready to give this banana pudding recipe a try? There is a convenient recipe card below to make it even easier!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will banana pudding last in the fridge?
This dessert is best enjoyed within 1-2 days because the vanilla wafers will become soft.
Don’t forget to add a mason jar lid to your banana pudding to ensure the freshness of that first bite!
Can the banana pudding be frozen?
Unfortunately no. It’s best eaten within a couple of days. Though it’s so delicious it probably won’t last that long!
Can I substitute a fat-free cool whip in place of a light cool whip?
Yes! But, I definitely recommend using the light cool whip instead of fat-free. There is not that much of a difference in the calories, especially in the mini mason jars. Fat-free cool whip is not as light and creamy.
Banana Pudding Recipe Variations
There are so many delicious ways to make banana pudding!
Here are a few more banana pudding recipe ideas:
- For a chocolate twist, add some chocolate chips or cocoa powder to the pudding mixture.
- Try using different types of milk for a richer or lighter pudding.
- Add in some diced fresh fruit like strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries.
- Mix in a little bit of rum or bourbon for an adult twist.
- Top with whipped cream, crushed cookies, or a sprinkle of cinnamon before serving.
Whatever way you make it, I hope you enjoy this classic comfort food!
Be sure to PIN this for later!
Other dessert recipes you’ll love
- Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake
- Easy Oreo Truffles
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
- Pumpkin Spice Drop Cookies
- Coffee Cake Cookies
- No-Bake Cookies with Nutella
Best Banana Pudding in a Mason Jar
- 3.5 oz banana cream (if you want more of a banana flavor) or vanilla instant pudding
- 1 ½ cup cold milk
- 8 oz cool whip thawed
- 2 cans Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups vanilla wafers crushed
- 2 medium bananas sliced
- In a large bowl add your instant banana pudding along with the milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Once the pudding has thickened, stir in the condensed milk followed by folding in the cool whip.
- Add in your bananas and crushed vanilla wafers by folding them in.
- Store in an airtight container if not immediately serving.
- To serve, place extra sliced bananas and crushed vanilla wafers on top!