3 ingredient sprinkle-dipped cherries are perfect for anytime! Maraschino cherries, candy melts, and sprinkles are all you need to make these bite-sized treats. Make them up the day before to serve at a party, or gift to a neighbor or co-worker.
If you are a fan of maraschino cherries, do I have a treat for you! You only need about 20 minutes and 3 ingredients to make these yummy sprinkle-dipped cherries. You can easily change out the flavor of candy melts that you use and also the type of sprinkles. Wouldn’t Christmas tree sprinkles be cute on milk chocolate-covered cherries? Make up a couple of batches to gift to teachers, co-workers, neighbors, and more!
ingredients for Sprinkle-Dipped Cherries
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 1 cup sprinkle candy melts
- 1 tablespoons shortening or coconut oil, optional
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles – you can also use holiday sprinkles!
HOW TO MAKE SPRINKLE-DIPPED CHERRIES
step 1. PREPARE A COOKIE SHEET
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
STEP 2. DRY THE CHERRIES
Discard the syrup from the jar of maraschino cherries and dry the cherries on a paper kitchen towel for 10 minutes.
step 3. MELT THE Candy
Place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds. Stir well and reheat for an additional 25 seconds, as needed.
Depending on the brand of candy melts, you may need to stir in some shortening or coconut oil to loosen up the candy melts.
STEP 4. DIP THE CHERRIES
Holding a cherry by the stem, dip the cherry into the melted candy melts and rotate to achieve your desired candy coating.
STEP 5. ADD THE SPRINKLES
Let any excess candy melts drip off and then dip the wet candy-coated cherry into the sprinkles.
STEP 6. REPEAT THE STEPS
Place the cherry on the lined cookie sheet and repeat with all cherries.
Let the candy melts on the cherries set for 2 hours or overnight before storing or serving.
how to store Sprinkle Dipped Cherries
Store these sprinkle-dipped cherries in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
can you freeze Sprinkle-Dipped Cherries?
No. Unfortunately, you cannot freeze sprinkle-dipped cherries. The cherries will expand when frozen and the layers will crack. They won’t make a pretty presentation at all. Though, they may still taste good!
tips for Sprinkle-Dipped Cherries
- Be sure not to overheat the candy melts. It’s best to start at 30 seconds and stir, then add another 30 seconds.
- Make up a batch the day before so they are nice and chilled. Make a batch for home and to bring to a party.
- Consider using different color sprinkles and shapes for a variety of occasions.
Sprinkle Dipped Cherries
- Maraschino Cherries
- Candy Melts
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1 tbsp Shortening or coconut oil, optional
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Discard the syrup from the jar of maraschino cherries and dry the cherries on paper kitchen towel for 10 minutes.
- Place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 45 seconds. Stir well and reheat for an additional 25 seconds, as needed.
- Holding a cherry by the stem, dip the cherry into the melted candy melts and rotate to achieve your desired candy coating.
- Let any excess candy melts drip off and then dip the wet candy-coated cherry into the sprinkles.
- Place the cherry on the lined cookie sheet and repeat with all cherries.
- Let the cherries set for 2 hours or overnight.
Try these easy dessert recipes, too!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge Recipe
- Peanut Butter Cup M&M Oreo Fudge Recipe
- Homemade 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge