This M&M’s holiday chocolate bark is a must-have recipe to add to your holiday baking list. M&M’s are always a favorite with kids and they can help you make this yummy treat as well! Don’t forget candy bark can be made ahead of time and placed in holiday tins for a quick food gift. Be sure to keep a batch on hand for those unexpected guests!
It’s officially holiday baking season and I have a quick no-bake recipe that you will definitely want to add to your list! The great thing about this recipe is you can easily switch it up to suit your family’s favorite chocolate flavors.
For example, if you are more of a dark chocolate fan, just switch out the chocolate chip flavor for dark chocolate. Want to try a peanut butter chocolate bark? Just use peanut butter chips.
This is so versatile and can be made for every holiday and season.
Here’s a quick tip for the after-Christmas candy markdowns:
- Pick up Christmas M&M’s and use the red ones for Valentine’s Day bark and the green ones for St. Patrick’s Day bark!
I’ll share tips for freezing chocolate bark at the end of this post.
Ingredients for M&M’s Holiday Chocolate Bark
- 11.5 oz bag of milk chocolate chips
- 1 – ½ cups of M&Ms Holiday – green and red
Makes about 15 pieces, depending on how big you make them
DIRECTIONS FOR M&M’s Holiday Chocolate Bark
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds.
Remove and stir well. Repeat until the chocolate is fully melted.
Pour chocolate onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and spread until it’s about ¼ inch thick.
Top with M&M’s (see more topping ideas below).
Refrigerate for 1 hour, then break apart candy and store in an airtight container.
That’s all there is to it! Pour yourself a big glass of milk and try a bite or two. After all, we have to taste test, right?
Do you have a favorite holiday baking recipe you’d like to share? Let me know in the comments below.
Be sure to PIN this for later!
tips for MAKING M&M’s Holiday Chocolate Bark
- Use good quality chocolate.
- Be sure to melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30-second intervals. It can affect the flavor, especially if using white chocolate.
- Don’t skip the parchment paper. It makes it so much easier to remove.
- Make a large batch for holiday gift-giving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
CAN I FREEZE M&M’s Holiday Chocolate Bark
- Chocolate bark is a perfect treat to freeze. It will last a couple of months in the freezer.
- It helps to pack them in doubled Ziploc freezer bags then in Glad-ware containers.
HOW TO THAW M&M’s Holiday Chocolate Bark
- Place them on the counter for a few hours and allow them to come to room temperature.
more ideas for chocolate bark toppings:
- Shredded Coconut
- Heath Bar Topping
- Reese’s Chips
If you are looking for more cookie recipes, check out these below:
M&M's Holiday Chocolate Bark
- Mixing Spoon
- Parchment Paper
- Chocolate Chips
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove and stir well. Repeat until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour chocolate onto the parchment lined baking sheet and spread until it’s about ¼ inch thick.
- Top with M&M's
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, then break apart candy and store in an airtight container.