If you’re looking for a quick cookie recipe packed with flavor, look no further. This almond joy cookie recipe is the perfect blend of soft and chewy with all the flavors we expect when we hear the name almond joy! Bake up a batch for a cookie swap, gift-giving, or just an afternoon treat!
The holiday baking season is in full swing and I’m loving every minute of it. I couldn’t wait to share this almond joy cookie recipe with you. This is one of those recipes that you will refer to time and time again. It’s that good!
Ingredients for Almond Joy Cookie Recipe
- 7 oz (small bag) of shredded coconut
½ can of sweetened condensed milk (just shy of half a cup)
2 cups of chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
½ cup of crushed or chopped salted almonds
2 crushed-up sheets of graham crackers (2 sheets = 4 segments)
DIRECTIONS FOR Almond Joy Cookie Recipe
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
In a medium-size mixing bowl add all of the ingredients except the two graham crackers.
Stir up all of the wet ingredients with a mixing spoon or rubber spatula.
Using a spoon or cookie scoop, press the dough into the crushed-up graham crackers crumbs, covering the top of the scoop with crumbs to create a “barrier” between the wet ingredients and the baking sheet.
Next, drop the cookie dough, crumb-covered side down, onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. You can also spray lightly with cooking spray.
The graham cracker crumbs will keep the cookies from being too sticky after baking so that you can stack and store them.
Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the cookie starts to look golden brown.
Allow cookies to cool before removing them from the cookie sheet and storing them in an airtight container.
That’s all there is to it! Pour yourself a big glass of milk and enjoy this yummy treat full of coconut and chocolate goodness.
Do you have a favorite cookie recipe you’d like to share? Let me know in the comments below.
Be sure to PIN this for later!
tips for baking Almond Joy Cookie Recipe
- Always preheat your oven.
- Place your cookies on the center rack in the middle of the oven.
- Use good quality ingredients.
- Avoid over-mixing.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to bake the perfect size cookie!
- Choose the right cookie baking sheet.
- Don’t overcook. Even 2-3 minutes extra can make a difference.
CAN I FREEZE Almond Joy Cookie Recipe
- You can bake and freeze them ahead of time.
- Pack them in doubled Ziploc freezer bags then in Glad-ware containers.
- You can freeze the baked cookies for up to 3 months.
HOW TO THAW Almond Joy Cookie Recipe
- Place them on the counter for a few hours and allow them to come to room temperature.
If you are looking for more cookie recipes, check out these below:
Almond Joy Cookie Recipe
- 7 oz Shredded coconut
- ½ can Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups Chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Crushed or chopped salted almonds
- 2 Crushed graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.In a medium size mixing bowl add all of the ingredients except the graham crackers. Stir them up with a mixing spoon.
- Press the dough into the graham crackers, covering the top of the scoop with crumbs.
- Drop the cookie dough, crumb side down, onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper,
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Store in an airtight container.