Red, white and blue for the win! What a fun use for a decorative cutting board! This DIY Patriotic Cutting Board decor project was easy and unique. See the whole process for yourself…
>>>BE SURE TO PIN THIS PROJECT FOR LATER!<<<
SUPPLIES FOR A PATRIOTIC CUTTING BOARD
- Cutting Board of choice
- Red, white and blue acrylic paints
- White chalk-type paint
- Letter stencils
- Stencil brush
- Paint brush
- Painters tape
HOW TO MAKE A PATRIOTIC CUTTING BOARD
- Using painters tape, mark off the cutting board into your desired sections.
- Paint the bottom portion, I chose royal blue.
- Paint the second half of the cutting board, I chose red.
- Let your paint dry thoroughly.
- Stencil your white stripes in desired locations.
- Stencil your desired lettering, I chose the Rae Dunn inspired letters “U-S-A”.
- After the paint dries, take your fabric scraps and make a bow at the top. I used a rubber band to secure it, but you can use floral wire or twine.
This project is a little on the whimsical side to me and I love it! It is perfect to display on a buffet table, a picnic table or as part of a larger centerpiece! Where could you display this piece?
I love a holiday projects, how about you? Did you see the one I did where I made pillows with these same red and blue bandanas! Check it out here –>> No Sew Bandana Scarf Bling Pillows!