If you are looking for an easy Christmas ornament, this is it! Oh, and I may or may not have a slight obsession with making easy diy’s the Dollar Tree fiber mop head. The DIY is as fun as it is relaxing to make. Grab a plastic ornament ball and your hot glue gun and get ready to create your own one of a kind Christmas ornament this year…
Be sure to PIN this for later!
supplies for diy christmas ornament
- Large Dollar Tree plastic ornament ball
- Dollar Tree microfiber mop head
- Wire nippers
- Hot Glue Gun and glue
- Optional embellishments of beads and ribbon
steps for making mop head Christmas ornament
- Remove the plastic cap from the mop head using the wire nippers.
- Loosen the mop head strings.
- Remove the metal topper from the plastic ornament.
- Drop a dab of hot glue onto the bottom of the ornament.
- Begin gluing down the mop head string in a circular motion until the entire ornament is covered.
- Snip and tuck the last piece of string under.
- Replace the metal topper.
- Optionally, add little colored beads in a triangular pattern around your ornament using hot glue.
- Add ribbon for hanging your ornament.
Easy Christmas ornament
If you love this mop head project you may also enjoy these:
- How to Make a $2 DIY Wreath with Easy Tulle Bow (using a Mop Head)
- Tabletop Christmas Cone Trees (Using a Mop Head)
- Dollar Tree Braided Pumpkin DIY (Using a Mop Head)
sign up for diy emails
If you love these kinds of DIY ideas, you need to be getting my emails, friend! Each week I send out a couple of emails that include updates, crafts, shopping experiences, and decor inspiration. Be sure to get yourself signed up below.
I can’t wait to meet you! Leave your thoughts below in the comments, please… BTW— Life is short—Enjoy the mess!