Chicken Salad Chick Grape Salad Recipe
I love The Chicken Salad Chick and with so many locations near me, I get to indulge in it often! The Chicken Salad Chick Grape Salad Recipe is one of the yummiest things on the menu. This simple and easy Copycat Grape Salad Recipe is one of the easiest fruit salads to make. With just a few everyday ingredients you can whip up this recipe in no time at all.
If you are looking for other awesome appetizers or side salads I’ve got a few I think you’ll love: Easy Watergate Salad Pistachio Fluff, Easy Pioneer Women Ambrosia Salad or this Easy Caprese Tomato Mozzarella Basil Ladybugs.
Grape salad is a perfect summertime dish – sweet, juicy grapes mixed with creamy mayonnaise and sour cream, and a little sugar and vinegar to balance it out. It’s easy to make and can be served as a side dish or a light dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Grape Salad Recipe
- Easy to make
- Combination of textures and tastes
- Great for on-the-go
Equipment You Need
- Handheld mixer or immersion blender
- Mixing bowls and spoons
- Mini food processor – optional
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
Ingredients for This Copycat Grape Salad
- 3 (8-oz) packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2½ cups sour cream
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla
- 5 pounds of seedless grapes, half red and half green (I use Cotton Candy flavored grapes when in season for extra sweetness)
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
How To Make This Chicken Salad Chick Grape Salad Recipe
- Wash grapes and remove stems. Set aside to dry completely.
- Combine sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Mix for 2 minutes on medium speed with a handheld mixer until completely smooth.
- Add grapes to the cream cheese mixture.
- Gently mix by hand until all grapes are covered.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, combine pecans and brown sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle on top of the grape salad.
Juicy grapes, creamy cream cheese, sour cream, some sugar, and pecans come together for a nice sweet treat I like to call a salad that actually tastes like dessert. 🙂
Tips and Tricks
- Remove cream cheese from the fridge an hour or so before you begin preparing the grape salad so it can come to room temperature and soften.
- Wash grapes a few hours before you prepare the salad so they can dry completely.
- Don’t put the pecan topping on the salad until just before serving so the pecans stay crunchy.
- Prepare the grape salad a few hours before serving so the flavors have a chance to mingle and blend.
How to Store Chicken Salad Chick Grape Salad
This fruit salad recipe is best stored in the fridge. It will keep for a few days in the fridge. I do not recommend freezing this grape salad.
Variations Of Chicken Salad Chick Grape Salad
- Try different kinds of grapes like concord or use just red or just green grapes
- Choose a different flavor of cream cheese
- Combine different kinds of creamy cheese like quark, cream cheese, or goat
- Use plain yogurt instead of sour cream – make sure to choose a full-fat option or a Greek yogurt variety so the dressing is thick and rich
- Mix up the nuts and choose cashews, almonds, or walnuts
- Try seeds like pumpkin or sunflower as well as nuts
- Toss in dried fruit like cranberries or currants
- Toast the nuts for a deeper flavor
- Season the nuts to add more flavor – toss in cinnamon or cayenne
This grape salad is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy, and it’s so easy to make. Serve it as a side dish or a light dessert, and enjoy the summer!
All About The Chicken Salad Chick
The Chicken Salad chick company was born in 2008 when owner and founder Stacey Brown realized she would be unable to continue selling her homemade chicken salad door-to-door in Auburn, Alabama. The local health department advised her she was not allowed to sell meals prepared in her home.
Stacey then decided to open up her own restaurant and the Chicken Salad Chick was created. Fast forward to 2016 and the Chicken Salad Chick ranked #37 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies based in the U.S.
Today Chicken Salad Chick is a fast-casual restaurant, decorated to make you feel at home.
There are 200 franchise stores in 17 states selling 15 styles of chicken salad. That’s a lot of chicken salad! 🙂 Several choices are offered in this convenient cooler to grab and go on the run!
I love how each flavor of chicken salad is fondly named after a family member shown here in their family photo!
Some of their most popular flavors are Classic Carol, Fruity Fran, Olivia’s Old South, and Fancy Nancy!
What kind of cream cheese should I use in a grape salad recipe?
Any kind of cream cheese will work. I used block cream cheese when I prepared this recipe but you could also use whipped cream cheese. Low fat cream cheese will work though you may lose some of the richness you get from the higher fat cream cheese.
Is there another kind of cheese I can use instead of cream cheese?
Mascarpone is a super-rich cheese used in tiramisu that would work well in this recipe. You could also use cottage cheese but if you do I suggest you run it through the food processor or blender to smooth it out. Another option is ricotta cheese which should also be processed so the texture is smooth and creamy.
Can I make this grape salad nut free?
You can choose not to include nuts in this grape salad though you will lose out on the crunchy texture. If you decide to go this route add seeds like pumpkin or sunflower. Pretzel chunks or toasted coconut chips would also work well.
Can I make this Chicken Salad Chick grape salad non-dairy?
You can substitute non-dairy options for sour cream and cream cheese though the flavor and texture will be different. I have never made it this way so if you do please let me know how it tastes.
Does meal planning feel like a chore? Ugh, I totally get it. It sometimes does so I created this Meal Planning guide to make life a little easier.
Be sure to PIN this one for later!
Chicken Salad Chick Grape Salad Recipe
- 3 8 oz packages cream cheese room temperature
- 2 ½ cups sour cream
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 5 lbs seedless grapes half red and half green
- ½ cup pecans finely chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Wash grapes and remove stems. Dry completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a handheld mixer until completely smooth. Add sour cream, sugar, and vanilla. Mix for 2 minutes on medium speed..
- Add grapes to cream cheese mixture and gently mix by hand until all grapes are covered. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, sprinkle pecans and brown sugar on top of the grape salad.