Are you a fudge lover like me? This festive holiday 3-ingredient Grinch fudge recipe is a bit different from the traditional chocolate fudge because it’s GREEN! Yes, just like the Grinch, this fudge is green. Can’t you just picture it being the centerpiece of your holiday festivities?
Now the color isn’t meant to be a deterrent as sometimes we wonder whether to eat foods that have turned green, but just a fun twist of an old classic with a clever name. The green coloring along with the signature tiny heart is how this fudge came to be called Grinch Fudge.
This Grinch Fudge recipe is a fun and easy treat to add to your Christmas celebration. With a handful of ingredients and no fuss instructions, you and your family will be eating fudge in no time at all.
This fudge recipe is sure to sweeten your heart, even the Grinch would agree. White chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk come together for a decadent, smooth treat.
Looking for other Grinch-inspired ideas? Check out this Grinch Christmas tree.
I also have these other festive fudge recipes: 3 Ingredient Christmas Tree Fudge, Peanut Butter Cup M&M Oreo Fudge Recipe (Party Fudge), or 3 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge For Christmas.
This blog post contains affiliate links. The opinions are wholly my own from my own experience. I may earn a small commission from clicks through to the websites that end in a purchase.
Why You’ll Love Grinch Fudge
- Very few ingredients required
- Super simple no bake recipe
- As fun to make as it is to eat
- Very versatile – change the color or the toppings for any occasion
Equipment You’ll Need
- 8 x 8x square baking dish
- Microwave safe bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
Ingredients To Make Grinch Fudge
- 2 ⅔ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Green food color
- Pinch of sea salt flakes (optional)
- Green sprinkles (optional)
- Heart sprinkles
How To Make Grinch Fudge with White Chocolate Chips
- Line an 8 x 8 square dish with parchment paper
- Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and stir until smooth
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and mix until well combined
- Sprinkle in a few sea salt flakes at this point if desired
- Add a few streaks of green gel food coloring
- Stir in the green food coloring until desired shade is reached
- Evenly spread the mixture into the lined square dish
- Add green sprinkles on top and place in refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours
- Lift the fudge from the pan and pull the parchment paper down from the sides laying it out on your surface for scoring and cutting into squares.
- Cut into squares as evenly as possible (go ahead and eat the ones that aren’t perfect squares– LOL)
- Add one heart sprinkle to each piece
- Serve, share, and enjoy!
Isn’t it so cute? Just think of this along with a Grinch-themed party at Christmas! Here are some more Grinch ideas below!
Tips and Tricks
- keep a can of sweetened condensed milk in the pantry just in case the mood for fudge hits you
- melt the white chocolate chips in intervals, stirring in between, so they don’t burn
- use parchment paper or tin foil to line the baking dish so the fudge lifts out really well
- to speed up the chilling time place the pan in the fridge while you get the other ingredients ready
- cut into small, bite-sized pieces as the fudge is super rich
- for a really rich color use gel food coloring instead of liquid food coloring
Variations Of Grinch Fudge
- change the color though you may not be able to call it Grinch fudge if you do this 🙂
- add a swirl of color to the fudge – a nice red swirl with the green will make this a real Christmas time treat
- add dried fruit like cranberries or currants
- add chocolate chips- dark chocolate, milk chocolate or even peanut butter chips
- mix in some mint extract – this goes really well with the white chocolate
- top with a drizzle of melted chocolate – dark, semi-sweet or milk will all work
- add other festive sprinkles
- sprinkle in some cinnamon or nutmeg
How to Store Grinch Fudge
This Grinch Fudge can be stored in an airtight container on the counter for several days.
What is the origin of fudge?
The origin and history of fudge have yet to be determined though some people think fudge was created by accident in the United States from a batch of ‘fudged’ caramels.
Can I freeze Grinch Fudge?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe for Grinch Fudge. You can make it a few days before you want to serve it and freeze it or if you have leftovers you can place them in the freezer.
Can I use evaporated milk instead of condensed milk to make Grinch Fudge?
No, you can not use evaporated milk instead of condensed milk in this recipe. The recipe will not work. This fudge recipe requires thick, rich, sweetened condensed milk.
Can I make this recipe on the stovetop instead of the microwave?
Yes, you can melt the chocolate chips in a pot on the stove instead of in the microwave. Watch the pot carefully and stir often so the chocolate chips do not burn.
Do I have to leave the fudge to set for 4 hours?
I suggest you place the fudge in the fridge for 4 hours but you can check on it after 2 or 3 hours and see what the consistency is. If you feel it has hardened and is ready to serve then go ahead and cut it.
You can also place the fudge in the freezer for a few hours to harden if it isn’t setting in the fridge.
Does Grinch fudge require butter?
A quick google search brings up different recipes for Grinch fudge, some of which contain butter. I didn’t use butter for this recipe and find it works out really well.
If you love these kinds of easy recipes and ideas, you need to be getting my emails, friend! Each week I send out a couple of emails that include recipes, crafts, shopping experiences, and decor inspiration. Be sure to get yourself signed up. I can’t wait to meet you!
Grinch Fudge Using White Chocolate Chips
- 2 ⅔ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- sea salt flakes pinch
- green food coloring
- green sprinkles
- heart sprinkles
- Line an 8×8 square dish with parchment paper.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Stir in the green food coloring until desired shade is reached.
- Evenly spread the mixture into the lined pan.
- Add green sprinkles on top and place in refrigerator to set for at least 4 hours.
- Lift from the pan and pull the parchment paper down from the sides.
- Cut into squares and add one heart sprinkle to each piece. Serve, share, and enjoy!