How to Upcycle a Pillow with Easy Messy Bow Wrap
This upcycle DIY project is so simple! Enjoy getting new life from your pillows, season after season using this easy messy bow tutorial. This messy bow was made for embellishing a burlap wrap to use interchangeably on any canvas pillow. This is one of the easiest upcycle projects you will ever find! If you’ve never made one of my signature messy bows, be sure to see how in the video here.
supplies for messy bow burlap wrap
- Pillow insert or use an insert from an old pillow
- Blank Canvas Pillow Cover
- Burlap Strip
- Various fabric scraps
- 2 Zipties
- Stencil of your choice
- Fabric Gel Ink
- Bling Embellishment
Easy to follow steps to make a messy bow wrap
Here’s the complete tutorial. Follow each step and you’ll have your own unique messy bow pillow wrap!
- Grab an old pillow and remove the insert or purchase a new pillow insert of whatever size you like.
- Take the canvas pillow cover and position your stencil in the position of your choice.
- Apply the fabric ink and let dry.
- Cut approx 1/4-1/2″ strips of your favorite material or ribbon. This does not have to be exact. Don’t forget your burlap!
- Layer your strips in all directions.
- Ziptie the bundle together.
- Shake the bow holding the floral wire as a handle.
- Stuff your pillow insert back into the canvas cover.
- Wrap a piece of burlap around the middle of the pillow and secure with fabric hot glue.
- Take additional ziptie and secure the messy bow to the burlap strip.
- Add bling to the messy bow if desired.
Watch this fun video to see how I made this interchangeable wrap for any pillow indoors or out.
viola! Super cute messy bow wrap for a pillow
Pin this for safe keeping!
You may enjoy making a variation like this “lemon” messy bow
Sign Up For Emails
If you love this kind of DIY project, then you need to be getting my emails, friends! Each week I send out a couple of emails that include updates, crafts, shopping experiences, and decor inspiration. Be sure to get yourself signed up below. I can’t wait to meet you!
>>>Leave your thoughts below in the comments please… BTW— Life is short—Enjoy the mess! I hope you try this quick and easy diy project out for yourself, it can make any old pillows look beautiful! **P.S. Please join us over on our Facebook Page to see more fun projects “Live”.