Peter Cottontail is a classic when it comes to a traditional bunny for Easter. When I saw these precious napkins with the famous bunny on them at my local Tuesday Morning, I knew a DIY was in their future. Add a cute wooden bead tassel and you have a quick Easter Bunny Wooden Tag DIY!
supplies for wooden tag easter bunny diy
- Wooden Tag Shape
- White acrylic paint
- Napkins of choice
- Wood beads
- Mod Podge
- Chip Brush
- Hot Glue Gun
- Bakers Twine
My friend Miss Tracy has an awesome “napkin club” if you love napkins as much as I do! Each month she sends you a bundle of fun napkins and then shows you what to make with them!
step by step instructions for easter wooden tag
- Paint a top coat of acrylic on all sides of the wooden tag followed by a thin coat of mod podge on just the top side of the tag.
- Cut your chosen design from your napkin.
- Place the napkin onto your tag top over the mod podged area. Add a top coat of mod podge sparingly over the napkin and let dry.
- Using bakers twine or ribbon, create a fun tassel with wooden beads for added embellishment. Place a little hot glue on the end of your twine to thread your beads more easily.
- Finally, sand the top and edges of the tag directly over the napkin for a smoother surface and somewhat shabby look.
If you missed the video tutorial, watch it here.
viola! An Easter bunny wooden tag with beaded tassel!
I’m in love with this bunny! He is so precious! He would look great on a tiered tray, on a mantle, counter top, serving tray; really anywhere at all. I’ve placed him in a glass vase as a centerpiece for my Easter tablescape. I hope you love him and make one for your own decor.
>>>BE SURE TO PIN THIS FOR LATER!<<<
If you love these kind of DIY ideas, you need to be getting my emails, friend! Each week I send out a couple of emails that include updates, crafts, shopping experiences and decor inspiration. Be sure to get yourself signed up below. I can’t wait to meet you!
>>Leave your thoughts below in the comments please… BTW— Life is short—Enjoy the mess!