Welcome to my kitchen, today we’re going to be making a delicious and festive dessert I named Mexican Flag Strawberries. This dessert is perfect for any fiesta or celebration, like Cinco de Mayo and it’s sure to impress your guests with its vibrant colors and extra-sweet flavors.
Be sure to PIN this one for later!
First, let me tell you a little bit about what Mexican Flag Strawberries are. They’re simply fresh strawberries that have been dipped to resemble the colors of the Mexican flag: red, white, and green. These colors represent the unity of the Mexican people and their love for their country. And what better way to celebrate that unity than with a delicious dessert?
This blog post contains affiliate links. The opinions are wholly my own from my own experience. I may earn a small commission from clicks through to the websites that end in a purchase.
How to Wash Strawberries
To make Mexican Flag Strawberries, you’ll need fresh strawberries. Start by soaking them for 5 minutes in a bath of 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water making sure to keep the stem. Rinse with water and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Fresh-cleaned and dry strawberries
- Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
- Green Sprinkles
Steps to Make Mexican Flag Strawberries
Now it’s time to assemble the dessert. Begin by placing a fresh strawberry on a toothpick.
Then, place the strawberry into the container of marshmallow creme and swirl it around to grab just enough white creme to cover 2/3 of the strawberry.
Now dip the bottom third marshmallow creme portion into the green sprinkles and tap gently to add sprinkles to the bottom.
This will complete the red, white, and green pattern to create the Mexican flag design.
That’s it! What a fun and festive look to add to your next dessert charcuterie board!
Or place these on the dessert table for your Cinco de Mayo party and watch your guests gobble them up!
Tips and Tricks
If you want to take your Mexican Flag Strawberries to the next level, here are some tips and tricks to help you make the perfect dessert.
- First, make sure your strawberries are ripe, but not too soft. They should be firm enough to hold their shape when dipped into the marshmallow creme.
- Second, make sure the strawberries are completely dry before dipping them. If they are the least bit wet or damp, the marshmallow creme will not adhere.
- And finally, serve immediately or chill the dessert strawberries in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving to keep the marshmallow creme from melting.
If you want to change up your Mexican Flag Strawberries, there are plenty of optional variations you can try. For example, you could add a layer of white chocolate or almond bark in place of the marshmallow creme. Or, you could sprinkle some chopped nuts or coconut flakes on top for added flavor and texture.
Other Strawberry Dessert Ideas
I hope you enjoyed learning about Mexican Flag Strawberries and how to make them. They’re a simple and delicious dessert that’s perfect for any fiesta, and I’m sure your guests will love them as much as mine do. Happy cooking!
Mexican Flag Strawberries: An Easy Mexican Fiesta Dessert
- Fresh cleaned dry strawberries
- Marshmallow Creme
- Green Sprinkles
- Begin by placing a fresh strawberry on a toothpick.
- Then, place the strawberry into the container of marshmallow creme and swirl it around to grab just enough white creme to cover 2/3 of the strawberry.
- Now dip the bottom third marshmallow creme portion into the green sprinkles and tap gently to add sprinkles to the bottom. This will complete the red, white, and green pattern to create the Mexican flag design.