Easy 3 Ingredient Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Cookies from scratch definitely have their advantages but if you want to whip something decadent up in a jiff then this 3 Ingredient Lemon Cake Mix Cookie recipe needs to be your go-to cake mix cookie.
This recipe has to be, hands down, the easiest lemon crinkle cookie recipe out there today! Do you think I’m kidding? Absolutely not.
These Lemon Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies are great when you are craving something light and lemony but not in the mood to start from scratch.
Looking for other cookie options? Try these Delicious Coffee Cake Cookies, Easy Pumpkin Spice Drop Cookies, or these Simple Sugar Cookies.
Why You’ll Love These Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Quick, easy to pull together
- Soft chewy texture
- Short bake time in case you are pressed for time
- They’ll disappear quickly 🙂
Equipment You Need for 3 Ingredient Cookies
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Silicon baking mat
- Mixing bowl
- Hand blender or stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
Ingredients to Make Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
How To Make 3 Ingredient Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
Serving size – 1 cookie
Number of Servings: 20
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 10-12 minutes/Cooling Time: 5 minutes
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350F.
Step 2: Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
Step 3: In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil until smooth and completely combined, about 2 minutes.
Step 4: Place the confectioner’s sugar in a small bowl.
Step 5: Use a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop or measuring spoon to portion out the cookie batter.
Place the cookie dough balls in the powdered sugar.
Roll the cookie dough balls in the confectioner’s sugar until completely coated.
Step 6: Place the coated cookie dough balls at least 3″ apart on tray and chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
Step 7: Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and spread out.
Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before attempting to remove to a cooling rack or serve.
Variations of Cake Mix Cookies
- Use a different flavor cake mix
- Sprinkle lemon zest in the batter or confectioner’s sugar to enhance the lemon flavor
- Add in dried fruit like cranberries or cherries
- Drizzle with a lemon glaze instead of dipping in confectioner’s sugar
- Top cookies with colored sprinkles
- Pour in a touch of lemon extract for a stronger lemon flavor
- Add vanilla extract to enhance the overall flavor
- Throw in some spices like rosemary or mint
- Add a touch of food coloring to the batter to change things up
- Use different colors of food coloring for a variety of color
Tips and Tricks for making Lemon Cookies
- Have all the ingredients ready on the counter before you begin
- Preheat the oven as soon as you start making the cookies
- Beat the dough just until all the ingredients are combined so you get the best cookie texture
- Bring the eggs to room temperature before using them
How to Store Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
These crinkle cookies can be stored in an air-tight container on the counter for a few days. Any leftovers, if there are any, can be frozen
How do I make cookies from lemon cake mix?
Add oil and eggs to boxed lemon cake mix. Scoop the dough into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies look set. Voila! Cookies from a lemon cake mix.
What happens if you add lemon juice to cake mix?
You can add lemon juice to a lemon cake mix to enhance the lemon flavor. Just a touch, around 1 tablespoon will do.
What is a lemon crinkle?
A lemon crinkle cookie is a cookie that literally looks crinkled. Just like these 3 Ingredient Lemon Cake Mix Cookies.
Is it better to use oil or butter for crinkles?
Both neutral-flavored oil and butter will work in crinkle cookie recipes.
Can I use a different flavor cake mix?
Yes, absolutely you can use a different flavor cake mix but if you want a lemon-flavored cookie then lemon cake mix is best. Vanilla cake mix would work well too but if you want a lemon flavor add a few tablespoons of fresh lemon zest to the batter.
Are these cookies dairy-free?
Yes if you use oil these cookies are free from any dairy products. Just make sure to read the ingredients on the cake mix to make sure it does not contain any dairy.
How do I ensure my cookies don’t burn on the bottom?
To make sure your cookies don’t burn place the cookie sheet on the middle rack in the oven. If you are still worried the cookies will burn try using two cookie sheets. Stacking the sheets on top of each other will help reduce the risk of the bottoms burning.
Can these Lemon Cake Cookies be made in advance?
Yes, these cookies can be made a few days in advance and kept in an air-tight container on the counter or placed in the freezer. If you choose to freeze them, remove from the freezer at least 3 hours before you plan to serve them.
Looking for more lemon recipe inspiration? Look no further!
- Easy Recipe for Lemon Bars
- Easy No-Bake Lemon Icebox Pie (in a Mason Jar)
- Copycat Nothing Bundt Lemon Bundt Cake
- How to Store Lemons the Right Way (So they last longer)
If you are looking for some help with meal planning, I’ve got that covered too! Grab a copy of my FREE Easy Meal Planning For Beginners Guide.
3 Ingredient Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 Box Lemon Cake Mix
- ⅓ cup Vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup Confectioner's sigar
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil until smooth and completely combined, about 2 minutes.
- Place the confectioner's sugar in a small bowl.
- Use a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out the cookie batter and roll the cookie dough balls in the confectioner's sugar until completely coated.
- Place the coated cookie dough balls at least 3" apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and spread out.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before attempting to remove to a cooling rack or serve.