I found the cutest wooden drawer at a local garage sale that came complete with a plastic planter liner already inside. Being that I do not have a green thumb on either hand, I knew right away I wanted to re-purpose this into something cute and faux! This DIY buffalo check decoupage project was the perfect solution…
>>>Y’ALL DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS PROJECT FOR LATER!<<<
- Wooden drawer or any square container
- Square floral foam
- mod podge
- foam brush
- scrapbook paper
- cute metal knob of choice
- faux succulent picks
- gilder’s paste wax in gold
If you missed the live video tutorial, you can see it below.
Step by Step
- Remove original drawer pull from planter.
- Cut scrapbook paper to fit the front of the drawer using the drawer as a template.
- Apply a thin layer of mod podge to drawer front and then place scrapbook paper over the top and re-apply top coat of mod podge until it is covered completely.
- Allow to dry.
- Distress front, if desired.
- Take new metal drawer pull & apply gold wax sparingly with dry cloth or fingers until desired look is achieved.
- Screw the knob into the drawer front.
- Add faux succulent picks into the floral foam.
- Place floral foam into the planter.
What a super fun DIY project and it was so easy. The hardest part was waiting for the mod podge to dry! Now I have an evergreen planter with no need for a green thumb. Year round prettiness to set on a shelf or a desk.
If you decide you like to decorate with faux succulents; you may love this other project that uses succulent picks… Faux Succulent Pumpkin Decor