Faux Succulent Planter Drawer DIY
I found the cutest wooden drawer at a local garage sale that came complete with a plastic planter liner already inside. Being that I do not have a green thumb on either hand, I knew right away I wanted to re-purpose this into something cute and faux! This DIY buffalo check decoupage project was the perfect solution…
>>>Y’ALL DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS PROJECT FOR LATER!<<<
- Wooden drawer or any square container
- Square floral foam
- mod podge
- foam brush
- scrapbook paper
- cute metal knob of choice
- faux succulent picks
- gilder’s paste wax in gold
If you missed the live video tutorial, you can see it HERE.
Step by Step
- Remove original drawer pull from planter.
- Cut scrapbook paper to fit the front of the drawer using the drawer as a template.
- Apply a thin layer of mod podge to drawer front and then place scrapbook paper over the top and re-apply top coat of mod podge until it is covered completely.
- Allow to dry.
- Distress front, if desired.
- Take new metal drawer pull & apply gold wax sparingly with dry cloth or fingers until desired look is achieved.
- Screw the knob into the drawer front.
- Add faux succulent picks into the floral foam.
- Place floral foam into the planter.
What a super fun DIY project and it was so easy. The hardest part was waiting for the mod podge to dry! Now I have an evergreen planter with no need for a green thumb. Year round prettiness to set on a shelf or a desk.
If you decide you like to decorate with faux succulents; you may love this other project that uses succulent picks… Faux Succulent Pumpkin Decor
>>>Leave your thoughts below in the comments please… BTW— Life is short—Enjoy the mess!
Furthermore, if you liked this project, you should check out my most recommended DIY Dollar Tree Craft Supplies!
**P.S. Please join us over on our Facebook Page to see more fun projects “Live”.
One of my favorite lives. I love that you took an old draw to make a plater. And the knob is adorable.