Rich, creamy, and oh so decadent, this flavor-packed Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake is a real crowd pleaser.
Pumpkin spice pudding, cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and pumpkin puree come together for the ultimate pumpkin pie cheesecake. Layered on top of a graham cracker crust this cheesecake recipe is the perfect seasonal dessert.
This no bake cheesecake is great for the holidays as it won’t take up any space in your oven so you’ll be able to get the rest of your special meal cooked up in no time. Make this recipe a day or two in advance and get it off your to-do list. It will store nicely in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for a few months.
If you are looking for a few other no-bake dessert recipes I’ve got you covered; Easy No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake, Easy No-Bake Lemon Icebox Pie or these Easy Dessert Strawberries. You can’t go wrong with any of them. I love no-bake desserts, they really are a cinch to prepare. No need to compromise on taste and simplicity even when you don’t turn the oven on.
Why You’ll Love It!
- Very few ingredients
- Comes together quickly and easily
- Super decadent treat; rich and creamy– YUM!
- No need to turn the oven on
Equipment Needed To Make Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- measuring cups and spoons
- hand or stand mixer
- 9″ round pie plate
Ingredients To Make No Bake Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
2 cups crushed graham crackers
2 TBS sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
5TBS butter, melted
1 cup heavy cream
1 can pumpkin puree
1 package pumpkin spice instant pudding
2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
How To Make No Bake Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
• In a medium bowl mix graham crackers, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and butter.
Mix until it resembles crust crumbles.
• Press graham cracker mixture into a 9 inch pie pan.
• In an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, mix heavy cream, pudding mix, and powdered sugar until well incorporated.
• Add cream cheese, and pumpkin puree, whip until well incorporated.
YUM!!!! Try not to lick the beaters!
• Pour mixture into the prepared pie pan.
• Let cheesecake set up in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Serve with a dollup of whipped cream on top!
Notes:*You can sub pumpkin spice pudding with vanilla pudding and 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger, ½ tsp clove
Tips and Tricks To Make Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- Let the ingredients come to room temperature before you start assembling the cheesecake.
- Spray the pie plate with cooking spray or olive oil spray so the crust doesn’t stick.
- If you don’t have any graham cracker crumbs on hand, you can use a regular pie crust.
Variations of Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- add chocolate chips to the cheesecake mixture; any kind of chips will work white, semi sweet or dark.
- use your favorite store bought cookies as a crust or try ginger snap cookies
- sprinkle chocolate shavings on top of the cheesecake
- dust the top with cocoa or powdered sugar
- top with fresh berries or whipped cream
- use a rectangular pan and make cheesecake squares
How to Store No Bake Cheesecake
This no bake cheesecake is best stored in the fridge. It will keep for about a week in an air tight container. You can also freeze leftovers. I like to freeze the leftovers in individual portions so it is easy to indulge when the mood hits.
What is the difference between a no bake cheesecake and a baked cheesecake?
This recipe is a no bake cheesecake which means it will set in the fridge and contains ingredients that will help it solidify. A baked cheesecake usually has eggs to help it set. Both are delicious and offer a different taste and texture.
Can I use store bought graham cracker crust in this recipe?
Yes, you can pick up a premade graham cracker crust in the baking aisle at the grocery store and just make the cheesecake filling.
Can I use pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree?
This recipe calls for pure pumpkin puree which does not contain anything other than pumpkin. Pumpkin pie filling usually has spices and sugar added to it.
What kind of cream cheese works best in this pumpkin pie cheesecake?
I like to pick up the block cream cheese for this recipe but you can use whipped cream cheese as well. You can even use a low fat cream cheese instead of full fat cream cheese. Or try using one of each but note the flavor and texture may be different.
Can I use regular sugar instead of powdered sugar?
This recipe calls for powdered sugar so I do not recommend using granulated sugar as it will change the taste and texture of the cheesecake.
What can I use if I can’t find pumpkin spice instant pudding?
If you have a hard time finding pumpkin spice pudding you can use vanilla pudding and add a teaspoon of pumpkin spice or if you don’t have pumpkin spice add 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger and ½ tsp clove.
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin?
You can buy fresh pumpkin, steam it and puree it for this recipe. However, fresh pumpkin and canned pumpkin don’t taste the same so the taste of the cheesecake may be different. Make your life easier and use canned. No one will be the wiser!
How can I make this pie gluten free?
If you want to make this pie with a gluten free crust you can pick up already made gluten free graham cracker crusts, or buy the gluten free crumbs. They also sell gluten free graham crackers. There you go! Three options for a gluten free graham cracker crust.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 pkg pumpkin spice instant pudding
- 2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl mix graham crackers, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and butter.
- Press graham cracker mixture into a 9 inch pie pan.
- In an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, mix heavy cream, pudding mix, and powdered sugar until well incorporated.
- Add cream cheese, and pumpkin puree, whip until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie pan.
- Let cheesecake set in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Notes: *You can sub pumpkin spice pudding with vanilla pudding and 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger, ½ tsp clove.