Christmas morning is always a whirlwind of excitement and chaos as everyone eagerly tears open their presents and enjoys a festive breakfast. With all of the fun that comes with the holiday season, it’s easy to forget a key item or two that could make your morning run much more smoothly–enter the Christmas Morning Survival Kit.
Supplies Needed for a Christmas Morning Survival Kit
I’ve put together a list of essential items for your Christmas morning survival kit. With these items on hand, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy the magic of the holiday season without added stress or hiccups.
- Batteries: The worst time for a toy or gadget to run out of batteries is on Christmas morning when the stores are closed. Avoid the meltdown that comes with a dead remote control or electronic toy by keeping a variety of spare batteries on hand. You’ll thank yourself in the long run.
- Glasses or Readers: First things first, you’re going to need to be able to see! LOL. Whether you’ve got 20/20 vision or not, some of those foreign instructions are in super tiny print! Do yourself a favor and make sure you have these on hand.
- Scissors: It may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised how many people forget to have a pair of scissors handy on Christmas morning. Between cutting open packages and dealing with stubborn plastic packaging, a quality pair of scissors can save you a lot of time and frustration.
- 5 in 1 Tool: This tool is a must-have! It not only offers a tiny screwdriver for smaller projects, it has a pair of tiny scissors, too! Plus, the guy in your life will think it’s pretty handy to have around on Christmas morning.
- Small Flashlight: Don’t forget to add a small flashlight in case you need to find something that gets dropped behind the couch. It can also help you when reading those tiny instructions!
- Garbage Bag: Last but not least, be sure to add a few heavy-duty garbage sacks to gather all of the torn wrapping paper and unwanted packaging. This will really help keep the room nice and neat and not leave the cleanup to Santa’s helper (if you know what I mean).
Enjoy Your Christmas Morning with These Essential Survival Items
How to Make a Christmas Morning Survival Kit
This kit is so easy to make and only takes a few seconds. It will save you a ton of headaches on Christmas morning, I promise!
Gather Your Christmas Kit Supplies
Take inventory of what supplies you have on hand first. Then hop over to my Amazon Shop below and grab whatever you are missing. I love the convenience of getting these things delivered last minute if needed.
Create a Fun Christmas Kit Label
This step is optional, but you can make a fun Christmas Kit label for your box. I used my Cricut Joy for this. If you would like this design, you can find it here in my Cricut Design Space.
Assemble Your Christmas Kit
Place each of your supplies into your box however you can make them all fit. I took a few garbage bags off the main roll and tied them with a cute red ribbon, for added fun (and to make them fit).
Store Your Christmas Kit
I suggest you put your Christmas Morning Kit directly underneath the Christmas Tree or somewhere out in the open hand for Christmas Morning! The only thing worse than not having one of these handy kits, is not being able to find it when you actually need it!
With these essential items in your Christmas morning survival kit, you’ll be able to enjoy a stress-free and magical holiday season. Stock up on these items ahead of time and you’ll be able to focus on the joy of spending time with loved ones and creating lasting memories. Happy holidays!