Fall brings with it the changing color of the leaves, all things pumpkin spice and a little thing we like to call “sweater weather”. In Texas, we have to wait quite a long time for this “sweater weather”, so when it gets here we are super excited! This fun and easy DIY pumpkin craft makes use of those sweaters who have seen their time and need to be re-purposed. Taking only a couple of minutes to put together, makes this DIY craft one that you can do over and over. Get creative and use different patterns and textures of sweaters to make this project your own…
SUPPLIES FOR FALL HOOP PUMPKIN
- embroidery hoop (4″ or whatever size desired)
- old sweater or swatch of material
- stick from the yard for the stem
- leaf from a floral pick if desired
- raffia for a bow if desired
- glue gun
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS DIY CRAFT
- Cut your larger piece of sweater material or fabric into an easier to manage square or round section.
- Place your embroidery hoop screw-side down underneath your sweater piece.
- Line up the other half of your embroidery hoop inside of the base hoop, all the while, stretching out your sweater fabric as you go.
- Once you have it like you want it, simply screw the hoop down tight. You can certainly adjust the sweater material to show the pattern or lines of the sweater to go in the direction that looks best. This one is horizontal.
- Trim your excess sweater material to be flush with the hoop edge.
- Hot glue the edges, if desired, to reinforce and prevent fraying. Sometimes this will give you a more ‘finished’ look to the project, but is certainly not necessary.
- Hot glue the stick as a faux stem directly behind the hoop screw in order to serve as support for the stick.
- Hot glue on the leaf and a raffia bow to cover up the remainder of the screw and for added cuteness.
If you missed the “live” tutorial of this project, it can be seen below.
That is all there is to it! So easy to do, you could even involve your kiddos in this one. You’ve got yourself a super cute little pumpkin DIY craft that you can display a number of ways. These are super cute on their own, but even cuter when displayed with others of varying sizes. You can use this in your favorite Fall farmhouse tiered tray along with a cute little sign and fun mug. Place one of these on the wall with a simple thumbtack as part of a seasonal gallery wall. Use it to decorate a bookshelf along with some Fall foliage and other seasonal decor. Hang it from a Fall holiday tree as a quick and easy ornament. Use it in a guest bathroom next to your favorite scented Fall hand soap. The ideas are endless, but have fun creating and decorating with this one!
Y’ALL DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS PROJECT FOR LATER!
If you loved this craft, you need to be getting my emails, friend! Each week I send out a couple of emails that include updates, crafts, and decor inspiration. Be sure to get yourself signed up below. I can’t wait to meet you!