How do you make a business successful and grow your following to over six figures? Love what you do and stay true to yourself.
Today I’m speaking with The Makerista, Gwen Hefner. She has some advice to share with us about how she started and grew her blog and how she was able to monetize her following. Gwen talks about how she transitioned from craft blogging to home décor, securing sponsorships, and learning to take breaks when you need them.
Gwen Hefner became a stay-at-home mom in 2009 and created the Makerista blog in 2013. Needing a creative outlet for herself and hoping to help others find their own personal style, Gwen started by posting content with beautiful photos and lots of color. Since then, she has also launched Thrift Club, a private Instagram page and Facebook community where she teaches her followers how to find treasure in their local thrift stores. Never without an adventure, Gwen and her husband will be building and designing a new house as their next project.
In this episode, we cover:
- Connecting with blog writers
- Pivoting your blog while staying true to yourself
- Growing a following organically
- Using sponsorships to fund your dream projects
- How thrifting can help create a unique home that reflects YOU
- Putting your family first when you’re growing your business
- Taking a break and coming back to your followers
- Creating a community to share your triumphs
- Thrift Club’s trip to Provence, France
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THIS EPISODE:
- Visit Gwen’s website, The Makerista
- Connect with Gwen on Facebook and Instagram
- Connect with Melanie on Facebook and Instagram
- Liking the show? Write a review!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW
I am honored to share a new Creative on Fire each week on the podcast to bring you inspiration, behind the scenes secrets and quality tips. I hope it is truly helpful for you. One of the best ways you can bless me in return is to subscribe to the show and leave a review.
By subscribing, you allow each episode to be downloaded straight to your phone which helps the download numbers and ensures you never miss an episode. And when you leave a review, you help show others the value of what we provide! You can GO HERE to subscribe and review!