Red Velvet Cake | Copycat Nothing Bundt Cake
Get ready for a mouthwatering red velvet cake recipe which is a copycat of the Nothing Bundt Cake. It's super easy and delicious!
- Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (real mayo is the secret ingredient)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 packet Hershey's hot cocoa powder (another secret tip)
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, to taste
- 3-4 cups powdered icing sugar, to personal preference
Instructions for Cream Cheese Frosting
Combine the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until completely combined. Beat in the vanilla extract.
Add 2 cups of powdered icing sugar, beat well, then add additional as needed.
Use an offset spatula to spread the cream cheese frosting on the cake, or pipe it on with a ziploc bag.