“Eighty percent of success is Showing Up.” While the precise math of that Woody Allen quote may be up for debate, consistently “showing up” for our followers on social media seems to be the key ingredient to steady growth. Today I’m talking to Kathy DiDomenico of Royale Funky Junque about how she grew her audience to over 100,000 followers. We discuss going Live on Facebook, monetization, and dealing with internet trolls. Kathy shares some great advice about getting over your fears and how little things can lead to videos going viral!
Kathy DiDomenico is the creator of Royale Funky Junque, a crafting and DIY company that focuses on refurbishing second hand items and turning them into art and home décor. Royal Funky Junque is a blog, an online Shopify store, and present on multiple social media platforms. In March of 2020, Kathy lost her office job and finally decided to pursue her Creative passion full time. By March of 2021, she had already hit 10,000 followers on Facebook and begun monetizing! Doing what she loves and making money, Kathy is never going back to a cubicle again!
In this episode, we cover:
- Consistently engaging with your followers
- How introverts can start creating videos
- Deciding what to talk about on a Facebook Live
- How often you need to go Live to gain new followers (Kathy’s experience)
- Tips on time management
- Monetizing outside of Facebook and developing passive income
- Things that can make a video go viral
- Kathy’s Troll policy: BAN! BLOCK! DELETE!
- and, the importance of platform diversification
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THIS EPISODE:
- Visit Kathy’s website, Royale Funky Junque
- Connect with Kathy on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Shop Funky Junque on Shopify
- Connect with Melanie on Facebook and Instagram
- Liking the show? Write a review!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW
I am honored to share a new Creative on Fire each week on the podcast to bring you inspiration, behind the scenes secrets and quality tips. I hope it is truly helpful for you. One of the best ways you can bless me in return is to subscribe to the show and leave a review.
By subscribing, you allow each episode to be downloaded straight to your phone which helps the download numbers and ensures you never miss an episode. And when you leave a review, you help show others the value of what we provide! You can GO HERE to subscribe and review!