Stay in Your Own Lane with Melanie Ferguson
Listen on: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher and Google Podcasts
Your individuality is what makes you stand out, makes you successful, and makes you special. So why would you ever want to suppress that quality by copying someone else? It happens though my friends, and today I share the reasons why Creatives often fall into the imitation trap. I discuss social media usage, envy, and insecurity. I also share my own experiences with copying and the hard lessons I had to learn.
There is a difference between taking inspiration from someone else’s ideas or work and taking the work itself. I have some advice to share with you today about being inspired and inspiring others. I also talk about finding your own gifts and staying true to yourself to achieve happiness.
In this episode, we cover:
- Three reasons why people watch other people online
- Why comparing yourself to others will only lead to disaster
- My experience creating products for my brick and mortar store
- Getting still and quiet to find your true talents
- Important things to remember when you’re envious of others
- Inspiring people by being your best self
Links and resources mentioned during this episode:
- Connect with Melanie on Facebook and Instagram
- Liking the show? Write a review!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW
I am honored to share a new Creative on Fire each week on the podcast to bring you inspiration, behind the scenes secrets and quality tips. I hope it is truly helpful for you. One of the best ways you can bless me in return is to subscribe to the show and leave a review.
By subscribing, you allow each episode to be downloaded straight to your phone which helps the download numbers and ensures you never miss an episode. And when you leave a review, you help show others the value of what we provide! You can GO HERE to subscribe and review!