Southern Crush Collective
Enjoy seeing this week’s collection of ‘all the things’ we accomplished plus my secret crushes from other blogs! Feel free to share the most exciting crushes with your friends…
- In case you missed it, we started the week with a fun tour of the Vintage Market Days of Denton. Get ready for some fabulous eye candy!!
- There was a new podcast episode on Naming your Business to Attract a Six Figure Following with Rachel Miller.
- I shared a beautiful Embroidery Hoop BOHO Wedding Wreath. If you didn’t see it yet, it is one to check out for sure, and it’s not just for Weddings!
- I showed you the fun treasures I found in my new blog series “Southern Crush on the Road” and shared a Giveaway! Don’t miss this goodness and let me know what you think!
My Secret Home Decor Crushes
I am so drawn to beautiful porches, and this porch really caught my eye. That ceiling is just amazing! Not only is the decorating and color scheme so warm and inviting, but there’s also a really great DIY tutorial for an outdoor planter box to disguise a utility box.
All of the greenery really gives this porch life, but I think we can agree that the star of the show is the sweet little pup. If you are looking for more porch inspiration, take a look at my porch decor here.
Are you a collector? It doesn’t matter of what, it could be ironstone, jadeite, or any collectible item. One thing is certain, once you start collecting something, it is hard not to buy all the things when you see them at thrift stores or antique markets.
This blog post gives really great tips about only buying things you absolutely love AND have a place for. Collections are wonderful, and it’s a great feeling when you find a treasure, but clutter is not so great. Take a look at this article and let me know what you think.
How do you manage your collections? Do you limit yourself to only certain finds? The struggle is real! You can read about one of my favorite shopping trips to the Pioneer Woman Mercantile. So many home decorating ideas!
My Secret Crafty Crushes
If you’ve visited here before, you know I am a fan of decoupage crafts. It’s a simple technique, and there are so many things you can decoupage. I absolutely love these pretty decoupaged terracotta pots. They have a French Country feel to them and look like they have a natural age to them. If you are looking for another idea for clay pots, take a look at the Stamped Terracotta Pots I shared recently. It’s another easy way to update garden pots.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I wanted to share this pretty DIY picture frame with you. Can you believe those little flowers are crochet? That is such a creative idea, and makes such a thoughtful gift for mom, or grandma. You can use a thrift store frame to upcycle, or buy a new frame and make it look old.
Whatever style you like. Instead of adding a picture, add a sweet quote that you can easily print at home. You may also want to see the pretty farmhouse thrift store frame I made here, or the bows and bling photo frame decor shared here.
Foodie Crush of the Week
Get ready to be wowed by these homemade cookies. They are so pretty, and they use edible flowers. How fun is that? I can totally see these at a Mother’s Day Brunch, or wrapped up in a pretty box with tissue paper as a hostess gift.
It’s really cool to read about what flowers are edible too. Have you ever used edible flowers in a recipe? It’s on my ever growing to do list for sure! If you are looking for another easy cookie recipe, try my 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies.
Bonus Crushes this week!
- These creative DIY Denim Fabric Key Fobs
- Check out this amazing IKEA Faux Bone Inlay Cabinet
- Learn how to make your own Japanese Herbarium Bottles
- This pretty DIY BOHO Style Tablescape
- Give Mom a unique card with this Printable Mother’s Day Card
- See how easy it is to make your own DIY Coloring Page Gift Wrap
- Add a new piece of furniture to your home with a DIY Floating Side Table
- Make delicious and easy Fried Peach Pies
GET MY EMAILS
If you love DIYs and Ideas like these as well as seeing all the fun things I find out shopping, you need to be getting my emails, my friend! Each week I send out a couple of emails that include updates, crafts, shopping experiences, and decor inspiration. Be sure to get yourself signed up below. I can’t wait to meet you!