Collaboration, whether it be with other Creatives, a company, or a brand can be crucial to the success of your business. My guest, Kristi Bissell of The Pickled Rose, attributes the growth of her audience to over 170,000 followers in five years to getting the right exposure. She talks to me today about how she was able to showcase her work through opportunities that she took advantage of, and those she went out and created for herself. Kristi gives us the lowdown on product only collaborations, agencies that will manage company partnerships on your behalf, and how to pitch yourself to brands and other influencers. She also speaks about the benefits of finding a community and how helping others will help yourself.
Kristi Bissell is the voice and creative talent behind The Pickled Rose, a blog dedicated to DIY, crafting, and home décor. She is also an Instagram Influencer under the same name and present on various other platforms including Facebook. Like many, Kristi started her blog and social media accounts as a creative outlet with no intention of making it her full time job. When she reached about 10,000 followers, companies began approaching her with collaboration opportunities. Now, a few years and several thousand followers later, Kristi still believes in the value of making connections and taking chances.
IN THIS EPISODE, WE COVER:
- The importance of finding your “Vibe Tribe”
- Working together with other Creatives to create success for everyone
- How to approach companies about sponsorship deals
- Why consistency and setting personal schedules are necessary for your business
- What the “Power Hour” is in Influencer lingo and why it’s important
- Using new Instagram features to entice new and existing followers
- Pitching yourself to magazines and other (larger) Influencers
- What your Instagram feed should reflect
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THIS EPISODE:
- Visit Kristi’s website, The Pickled Rose
- Connect with Kristi on Facebook and Instagram
- Connect with Melanie on Facebook and Instagram
- Liking the show? Write a review!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW
I am honored to share a new Creative on Fire each week on the podcast to bring you inspiration, behind the scenes secrets and quality tips. I hope it is truly helpful for you. One of the best ways you can bless me in return is to subscribe to the show and leave a review.
By subscribing, you allow each episode to be downloaded straight to your phone which helps the download numbers and ensures you never miss an episode. And when you leave a review, you help show others the value of what we provide! You can GO HERE to subscribe and review!