We all know that Covid 19 has been just awful for a lot of people in a lot of ways. As terrible as it has been, it’s also created situations where people can step up and play needed roles in each other’s lives. My guest, Barb Lewis of The Shabby Tree, has done just that. She joins me today to talk about how she has been able to help her followers alleviate boredom and express their creativity, while growing her business during the pandemic. Barb shares her thoughts on how loyal followers create more followers and why sometimes you just need to “wing it!”
Barb Lewis has grown The Shabby Tree following from scratch to over a million fans. Her offerings include DIY tutorials, crafting on a budget, and home décor ideas. Barb credits her success to going Live on Facebook every day, multiple times a day, and has great tips for us on how to stand out from the crowd. Today she tells us how she shows her followers appreciation and makes them feel special! She also discusses the importance of having a system and hiring a team you trust.
In this episode, we cover:
- How the Shabby Tree got started and got it’s name
- Recycling and reusing to create fun craft ideas
- What you DON’T need to focus on to create a successful video
- How fan engagement creates new fans
- Encouraging your followers to get to know you and each other
- Delivering a little happiness every day with gifts
- Making crafting affordable
- Hiring for where you want to be
Links and resources mentioned during this episode:
- Visit Barb’s website, The Shabby Tree
- Connect with Barb on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube
- Connect with Melanie on Facebook and Instagram
- Liking the show? Write a review!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW
I am honored to share a new Creative on Fire each week on the podcast to bring you inspiration, behind the scenes secrets and quality tips. I hope it is truly helpful for you. One of the best ways you can bless me in return is to subscribe to the show and leave a review.
By subscribing, you allow each episode to be downloaded straight to your phone which helps the download numbers and ensures you never miss an episode. And when you leave a review, you help show others the value of what we provide! You can GO HERE to subscribe and review!