If you’re wondering how to make money from blogging, just ask my guest today KariAnne Wood. She is the creator of Thistlewood Farms, a blog focusing on DIY, home decorating, recipes and so much more! KariAnne has over a million people that follow her and she’s here today to give us some amazing tips when blogging for profit. She has some great advice on how to make money when you’re brand new starting your blog and how to grow your readership. She also shares some must-have organizational tools and strategies to help you make money.
KariAnne has been running the Thistlewood Farms blog for 9 years now. She has also written 5 books and has several different product lines. Although she was just trying to make new friends and never intended to create a business, KariAnne has enjoyed huge success with her blog and it’s extensions on other social media platforms. Looking to share her wisdom and good fortune, she also started a mentoring group. KariAnne has maintained her joy in writing Thistlewood Farms and has lots of great projects and collaborations planned for the future.
In this episode, we cover:
- How to get people to share your content
- The best days of the week to publish a blog
- Where to meet like-minded bloggers
- The importance of growing your email list when blogging for profit
- Why you absolutely NEED an editorial calendar
- How to make money when you’re just starting your blog
- Where to go to find out about new and exciting trends
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED DURING THIS EPISODE:
- Visit KariAnne’s website, Thistle Wood Farms
- Join the Thistlewood Mastermind Community
- Connect with KariAnne on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Check out emerging trends at Exploding Topics
- Connect with Melanie on Facebook and Instagram
- Liking the show? Write a review!
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW
I am honored to share a new Creative on Fire each week on the podcast to bring you inspiration, behind the scenes secrets and quality tips. I hope it is truly helpful for you. One of the best ways you can bless me in return is to subscribe to the show and leave a review.
By subscribing, you allow each episode to be downloaded straight to your phone which helps the download numbers and ensures you never miss an episode. And when you leave a review, you help show others the value of what we provide! You can GO HERE to subscribe and review!